Can we get a wooohooo!
Recently the province announced the opening of more restaurants and activities! (and hair salons…thank goodness)
And I’m sure you are just as excited as we are to visit some of our favourite spots (safety)
Over the past 2 weeks, the short term rental market is starting to pick up for July and August! We are seeing more weekend trips for people visiting from Montreal and Toronto! But we are also seeing people from Ottawa book little stay-cations in the downtown core and cottages close by
So we thought we would share some great stay-cation ideas! So you can help support the local businesses and be a tourist in your own city! There’s a lot to explore
Here’s some of our favourite stay-cation ideas
- book a cottage get away with your family
- visit a local brewery
- Visit the local drive-in (we miss these)
- swap houses with a friend for the weekend (its fun)
- go for a walk in Gatineau park
- visit the local farmers markets (can’t wait for the Parkdale market to open)
- visit the hog’s back falls
- book a downtown airbnb and host a paint night
There’s so many great ways to explore Ottawa! We are excited for patios to open and begin enjoying some of our favourite restaurants! What are your stay-cation plans?